The use of finance & accounting software
An internationally active provider of IT solutions was preparing to devise a Central and Eastern Europe strategy for its business. Before doing so, it needed to gain a better understanding of the market potential in Belarus. So it engaged PMR to investigate the use of finance & accounting software in the country.
Objectives of project
The objective was to:
- find out about the IT solutions currently used by firms in Belarus for their finance and accounting processes,
- determine the level of use of modern IT tools by accounting departments,
- identify the needs of companies from different sections of the market concerning finance & accounting software.
The PMR team conducted a CATI survey* of Belarussian firms, interviewing 60+ executives and accounting department professionals about finance & accounting software issues.
The survey gathered key market data for the client:
- finance & accounting solutions currently in use,
- user preferences,
- unmet needs,
- key factors in vendor selection and ways of purchasing,
- identification of main competitors and their sales and distribution models
- key success factors on the Belarussian market.
The survey went very smoothly and we were able to present detailed findings to the client within a short time.
Thanks to the information provided by our survey, the client was able to gain a good understanding of the local market requirements in Belarus and thus make an informed assessment of the opportunities and risks associated with entry.
* CATI – Computer Assisted Telephone Interview
In PMR, we advise and assist in the operations of your company
ICT Business Unit Director